Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fearlessly Feminine - Challenge Day 6


I have to admit...I cannot believe that I am 1 day shy of the end of the Fearlessly Feminine 7 Day Challenge! It went by really fast, I feel really great and pretty feminine but not "girly." Kayley has participated in over 1/2 the days with me (I am NOT going to make her wear dresses...but she loves it and it didn't take much encouraging). Today was Sunday and I usually change out of my dress as soon as I get home, but I have gotten into such a habit of wearing that I honestly didn't notice and felt pretty comfortable hanging out in my church clothes all day.

A girlfriend of mine posted on her blog about femininity this week too and I just LOVED the analogy she made... I hope she doesn't mind that I re-post it here... It makes a LOT of sense!

When talking about the desire or taking the time to get dressed and fixed up in a feminine manner she said,
"Here is why it matters:"
"Assuming that the prices were exactly the same and the stores were equidistant to your home, at which store would you rather shop? The vast majority of people would feel much more comfortable with the second one. The fact of the matter is, what's on the outside does count."

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that thought... So true!
I love having smart friends, I learn a lot from them.

2 comments:

Kat said...

You look FABULOUS in all of your fearlessly feminine outfits!

Under the Red Roof said...

Well, I have supported you in your quests, challenges, and ideas for twenty some years and I continue to support you, but let me offer this thought on the two stores. The first one is full of hidden treasure, wit and wisdom, discovery and wonderful hidden treats behind the counters. It probably contains two old people who have loved and lived, laughed and cried, but through it all stood behind that counter quietly holding hands. There is happiness, stories, memories, pictures of children on the walls and the smell of family long gone. The second store is bland, no challenge, no fun, just pretty. It is there to serve a function, get your stuff and leave. Remember, I grew up in the first store and given the option would always stop there. Life is not about what you wear or how you look, life is inside and how you present yourself to the world. Respect begets respect, I just spent a week with two of the highest ranking civilians in the Department of Defense, when we went to dinner we all wore casual clothing, but even then it was clear who the seniors were, you could see it in their demeanor and their expectations. I suspect you have experienced this exact enigma, a General carries a certain something, even when wearing gym shorts. As I said, I support you in all you decide to do, but remember it is not what you wear, it is what you are. Love Ya! Dad