Friday, February 19, 2010

Tummy Time Troubles....

Well. I recently read on Heidi's blog that their new baby loves Tummy time. She had a cute picture of their adorable lil' girl laying on her tummy looking pretty content. I couldn't believe it! Wow!!! That is really impressive. If only....

Well, I thought I would share what Maggie looks like during Tummy time. Obviously, you can tell from the pic that she intensely dislikes it. She cries hard...
Then slows down her crying after about 3 minutes or so...
and by the 5 minute point she just gives me dirty looks until I pick her up or roll her over...
At least Maggie turns her head to one side and eventually settles down...even it if is to give me the stink eye or the hairy eyeball.


Kayley? Anybody remember this? This was Kayley's tummy time. You can't tell but she is shrieking into the blanket and banging her nose on the floor. She never turned her head to one side or the other...just constantly laid there with her face smashed into the blanket. Oh, and she was MAAAADDDD...oh...she would be soooo mad at me. I couldn't tolerate the shrieking. Which is why, you'll notice, her head got so flat on the back when she was a baby. (Don't worry, it went away, her noggin' is nice and round now). I just couldn't handle the tummy time with Kayley... I just felt so awful. She wouldn't settle down and I couldn't bear to make her cry more than a few minutes....

4 comments:

Jason said...

Ha! I'm laughing so hard rght now. Sorry it's at your kids' expense. Emily is the first of my five to enjoy tummy time. So maybe it's the new fancy mat???
-Heidi (signed in as Jason)

The Wendler Family said...

Oh man! Poor babies! Babies either love or hate it, I don't think there is any middle ground for them.
Do you have a boppy pillow? I use that for my little babies when they do tummy time, I prop them up so that if the don't turn their head their little nose isn't flattened (like poor Kayley's). Another thing I have found is to try to get them to look up at you while you are on your tummy in front of them with a noise making toy/rattle. That usually quiets mine down, and then I set it in front of them and they want to take a closer look, and push themselves up to look at it.
Good luck! Tummy time gets easier with time.

Dana Cheryl said...

Oh dear!

That last pic of her starting you down is gorgeous and funny and all around wonderful!!

Bre said...

I know this sounds horrible, but I am a complete sucker for the screaming baby pics...I LOVE them! I am glad that I am not the only one that takes them.