Thursday, October 15, 2009

My First Blog Award!


Thanks to Adoptive Momma of Two!!
I have been awarded my first Blogger Award!

The rules for the award are:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people may not know.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each.


Seven things you might not know about me:

1. I served 10 years in the Air Force.
2. I am a big fan of Harlequin Historical Romance Novels...
3. I was heavily involved in Drama Club in High School and really wanted to grow up to be a famous actress.
4. I hiked with the Boy Scouts at Philmont Scout Camp in 1994.
5. David Copperfield made me disappear on stage at the MGM-Vegas. I got an autographed picture...whew...he is super cute in person!
6. I am horribly afraid of ghosts, UFO's, paranormal activity, etc.
7. I am addicted to the Discovery Health Channel...

My nominees for this award are:

1. Flitterbugs - Julie is one adventurous Mama! She works hard at Flitterbugs to raise the funds needed to pay for their international adoption adventure. She sews the most gorgeous little girls custom outfits! Hop on over and learn more about Julie!!
2. Another Small Adventure - Brenda is everything that I want to be in an adoptive Mom. She always has great insights and experiences on being an adoptive Mommy, foster parent and friend.
3. Always and Forever Family - I enjoy this blog because this adoptive Mommy adopted an AA little girl. I have been intimidated to consider adopting an AA child, but following this blog has helped me to overcome that fear! She also has great insights on how to fix your AA childs hair!
4. Smiles and Trials - I really enjoy following this family. They have adopted several children internationally including some with special needs. What a big, organized, bustling family!
5. Because I Can't Have Babies - Savannah has become one of my favorite virtual friends. She is such a sweetheart. I love her Finding Faith Friday postings and check in with her every Friday to find an uplifting spiritual message.
6. From The Heart - Cheryl St. John is my all time favorite author of historical romance books. Her blog is everything from funny vids, recipies, How-to, photography, book reviews and historical research. She is a regular blogger at Petticoats & Pistols.
7. Grace In My Heart - What a wonderful blog. Following the story of this little family as they go through, first a contested and failed adoption and now, the adoption process all over again has been heart-wrenching and faith promoting all rolled into one. Grace has been such an example to me in dealing with the ups and downs associated with adoption.

5 comments:

Grace in my Heart said...

Thank you Stephanie! You are a sweetheart! :)

Savannah said...

Thank you Stephanie! Now I feel guilty that I am postponing my Finding Faith Friday this week. But don't worry, it will be back next week.

Mandy Jo said...

Yay! Congrats on your award!

Cheryl St.John said...

Thank you! I LUV the pic in your header--how much fun is that? I love to see your photos of Kayley.

julie said...

Thank you Stephanie! This is fun!