Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Flower Digging and Bean Picking

We had the opportunity to go to my Grandpa's house yesterday to pick Green Beans! We also dug up some Easter lily, Tiger lily, peony, Iris and a ton of other bulbs... also a lilac bush start, and 2 RedBud trees! What is really, really cool is that my Grandma-grandma planted those bulbs many years ago...and now they will be growing in my garden! A little piece of my Grandma-grandma living on at my house!

Anyway, now it has been raining ever since so I haven't been able to put them in the ground, but I am super excited and will hopefully have pretty flowers in the spring.

Digging up a start off the lilac bush!
Kayley just had a fun time playing in the yard.
Walking up the road with Gramma...
We also had a fun time picking green beans out of Grandpa-grandpa's garden!
We brought the green beans home for dinner and cooked them with bacon.
Oh! They were so yummy!

1 comment:

Mandy Jo said...

Yum!! Looks like you had fun! I didn't know that you had family that lived here! I thought you guys were moving back here without any family! How awesome! How is your new Birthmom doing?