Monday, September 28, 2009

Moody Family Reunion at Dickerson Park Zoo

Yesterday we had the chance to go to the annual Moody Family reunion. I know you may be wondering why we would want to go to a family reunion where everybody was Moody...but since it is my Grandma Alice's maiden name...it kind of makes sense. My Grandma Alice, who passed away a few years ago was one of 14 kids. So...that alone makes this family reunion positively HUGE. Lots and lots of people. And out of the 100s of people there, I probably knew about 8. Hahaha... Anyway. They have it every year at the Dickerson Park Zoo. It was a nice opportunity to take a day off from our unpacking and have a fun day. Enjoy these pics of the zoo and reunion!
You can buy a zoo key for 3 bucks. Throughout the zoo you stick them in a little box and it sings a song or tells you a story. Considering I get into the zoo for free...The zoo key was a fun little purchase!

Kayley playing in Charlie Browns Pumpkin Patch.

Waiting for Gramma, Aunt Tammy & Uncle Robert on the steps.

The zoo key was really neat. Totally worth the 3 bucks.

Eating a safari corndog. It comes in that little hat. Too fun.

Feeding the giraffes.

Poor giraffe. He really wanted some more crackers.

Riding the zoo train.

My mom with her aunt Patty's-daughter Chrissy's-son, Jacob.
(did ya follow that? hehe).
What does that make them? 3rd cousins? I have no clue...

Thanks to Uncle Robert (who is actually my cousin, so Kayley's 2nd cousin...but hey, "uncle" is SO much easier) who spent a long time playing with Kayley on the playground.
It was sure hot outside.

My mom's aunt Zetta and various other family members. The Moody family is HUGE. I mean, really, really HUGE. I didn't know any of these people, but we went anyway. :) And it was a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Mandy Jo said...

Love the zoo key! How awesome is that!?!? Looks like you had fun!!