Saturday, September 19, 2009

Leavin' you hangin'

Hi all! While it was not my intention to leave you hanging for too long...I guess I did and I'm sorry!

So, yes. It is true. We have been chosen by a wonderful birthmom, "M" who is due December 29th. We are so excited. I have had the chance to sit down with her over lunch and she is such a sweet spirit. We are so excited to be able to know her. We do not know if the baby is a boy/girl. He/she was shy on M's first ultrasound!

Our caseworker Hannah is optimistic so she took down our LDSFS profile (you'll notice the link is no longer working) and asked us to put a "Congrats" banner on our ParentProfiles.

We are excited but as many of you know it has been a difficult journey for us and we enter this with our eyes open and love in our hearts. A failed placement and a birthmom scammer have left us a little wary, but we can only press forward with faith. Adoption is a tough road with many heartaches and blessings for those who walk it. We love our M with all our hearts already and no matter what happens we will always love and respect her. Like I said, adoption is tough. Adoption is love.

So, with that being said, I was unable to give an update yesterday because somebody silly (me) turned off the phone already...oops. So, I'm sitting in the business center of Holiday Inn in Albuquerque, NM to write this update.

I hope by the time we get to our new house, the phone will be up and running and I will be able to get back online.

In the meantime...today was National Talk Like A Pirate Day...so I hope you scurvy knaves had a grrrrrreat day. And if there is a bounty on your head....I hope you get it off. :)

See you on the other side.

11 comments:

Mandy Jo said...

OMGoodness!! Congrats! It seemed like I have been waiting for a YEAR for you to update us!!!! Yay!!! Yay ! I am so happy for you guys!

Melissa said...

Congratulations! What a great Christmas you will all have!

I've been meaning to tell you an interesting story... I was looking at your friend's links on your blog one day and discovered a mission friend of mine in a picture on the blog. She and I were in the MTC and mission field at the same time, but weren't companions. However, while we were in the MTC Krystin was still looking for the right family for Kayley. This friend of mine told me about a family (her sister's in-laws) who were looking to adopt. I wrote to Krys and asked if she'd be interested in getting that family's information, but she replied saying that she had decided on a family already. Turns out, we were talking about the same family! It wasn't until I saw her picture on the blog last month that I figured it out. Looks like the Lord had His own back-up plan in place to make sure you got your daughter!!

Jen said...

Hooray! I'm so excited for you!! We'll keep you in our prayers that this will all go smoothly. Can't wait to hear about the new addition!

P.S. Good luck with the moving!

Krystin said...

I'm ever hopeful for both you and "M."
She really is a sweet girl from what I've gathered via our e-mails.
I'll keep watching/waiting for that happy day in December. :)

Anna said...

Woo Hoo!!! I'm so happy for you. December will not get here soon enough.

brandya said...

I am thrilled to death for you guys! Congrats to the moon and back! I cannot think of three more deserving people in the whole entire world! Our prayers are with you that everything works out for the best! Sending our love and our prayers your way!

Cynthia said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you!

Mandy Jo said...

Okay Mrs. Stephanie! Come out and talk to us! lol we need more info:)

pitterpatteroflittlefeet said...

OH man!! I am SO excited for you guys! I do hope that things go smoothly and that none of those possible heart breaking situations come your way again. You've had your share! I can't wait to hear more about things as they happen, and of course everyone will be on pins and needles until Dec!

pitterpatteroflittlefeet said...

OH man!! I am SO excited for you guys! I do hope that things go smoothly and that none of those possible heart breaking situations come your way again. You've had your share! I can't wait to hear more about things as they happen, and of course everyone will be on pins and needles until Dec!

Kathleen said...

That's so exciting! We're so exciting for you and your new edition! Look forward to hearing more "on the other side" ;)