Thursday, February 5, 2009

Remembering Gracie...

I wanted to post something today, so I decided to post a memory. Enjoy!

James and I had been married a year or so when we got Gracie. We thought he was a girl, but he did turn out to be a boy... Unfortunately, he just ended up being a boy named Gracie. He was an AWESOME kitty. He never scratched the furniture, he didn't play rough, and he was always sweet and loving...


I used to use Mrs. Butterworths Syrup to stick bows on Kayley's head. I had to watch though, because Gracie would lick it off!


Kayley and Gracie got along great. Gracie did not jump in the crib and did not bother Kayley... Here they are sleeping together on the couch...


Gracie checking to make sure Kayley is good to go...


A couple of days after Christmas Gracie managed to slip out of the house. He was gone for several weeks and we figured we would never see him again...
After 3 weeks I found him again, quite by accident, right in front of our house... He was so skinny and very cranky. I brought him in the house where he promptly bit James on the foot. I was so sad to lose my kitty, but we could not take the chance that he would bite the baby so we kept him in the garage overnight and took him to a no-kill shelter the next day explaining what happened. The worker there was very kind and told us we made the right decision and that he could be rehabilitated but would probably need to be around adults and older children.
I watched the adoption list at the shelter everyday and saw that he was adopted about 1 week later. I hope whatever family he is with now loves him as much as we did. We miss our kitty!!


4 comments:

Krystin said...

Poor kitty.
It's a rough world out there.

Amanda said...

That's so sad! What an adorable kitty!

CherylStJohn said...

I love all your photos! Especially your header. Awesome.

Kathleen said...

Oh, I'm sad you don't have Gracie anymore, That's too bad :( I know how hard it is to have to take a pet to the shelter, I'm glad he got a new home and hope he's happy there