Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Dear Heavenly Father....

I really wanted to share this funny thing that happened today with Kayley.
We sat down to lunch together and got ready to say our prayers. Kayley said, "Kayley say it!"
So I agreed...
She said, "Heavenly Father... thank you for the egg....and toast....and juice....and milk....and babydoll......and mickeymouse....and sandals....and shoes.....and pizza......and elmo.......and scissors....and ketchup....and blanket............."
At this point I was giggling so hard that she gave me the stink eye....

Then she continued....
"Jesus name.....Amen!"

"Again!!!!???" she said.

"Ok" I agreed.....

We repeated this prayer with a few differences about 8 times. It was pretty cute... At the end of each she would say, "Amen! Again???" And we'd start over and do it again. I eventually cut her off because my lunch was getting cold.

3 comments:

Bre said...

That is so stinkin cute! I love to hear children pray, but I love that Kayley want6ed to do it over and over again. What a doll!

Krystin said...

That was absolutely precious!
It reminds me of my nieces a lot when they finally got to pray all by themselves and felt that they didn't need mommy's (or anybody's for that matter) help.
What a sweetheart.

Kathleen said...

That is so sweet! You're such an awesome mom, of course :)
K